Thursday, September 3, 2009

Black Marker Purchase


So I have been searching the Internet relentlessly for a certain pair of Delicious brand shoes (above). They are zebra striped with red trim, and although I still want them and am bound and determined to find them and at a reasonable price (Delicious shoes run between $25-$80 not too bad) I did run across a fun article about zebra striped items for free. Yeah I know that most "free" things are too good to be true but curiosity made me click and I'm glad I did! It turned out to be an Eco-Friendly website and gave tips on what to do.


To put it simply:


1) Use your old (or if you don't have any then buy) shoes, purse, etc...preferably white


2) Look on the Internet and pull up your favorite Zebra print design


3) Take a black permanent marker and trace (Yes! Trace) the zebra stripes on your item(s).


4) Color them in! Too easy! Chic, stylish, and budget friendly!


A designer look we all can afford. If you're a little leery about the stability of the color, just pop an extra marker (I'd probably use Sharpie, you can get little key chain sized ones for about $1.99 or less)

Happy Stripe Making! I'm going to try one on my old purse!!!! I'll post a picture to let y'all know how it turned out! So you better check back ;)

Reference:
Elizabeth Seward (2009) Wear Armani-Inspired Zebra Print with the Help of a Black Marker. Retrieved September 3, 2009 from Green Planet website: http://planetgreen.discovery.com/fashion-beauty/diy-zebra-print-fashion.html

No comments:

Post a Comment