Friday, September 7, 2012

DIY Fix a Broken Candle Holder

 
     So as you know, we just got done moving and one of the saddest things that can happen to you while moving is to open your boxes and find that some of your favorite things have broken. Blaming the movers or lack of sufficient packing aside, what is done is done and what do you do with your broken things? I had a beautiful glass candle holder from Home Goods that I bought in Oregon. I couldn't wait to up it up in my new house in South Carolina. I was broken hearted when I found it in this condition:
 
I was trying to think about how I could fix it. The entire base had broken off! So I thought through a tutorial I had seen on Pinterest. They used an old lamp base, painted it and glued a piture frame to the top and made a table. Why wouldn't something like that work to fix my broken candle holder? I had to break some of the glass off with a rubber hammer so that it was level so a dish could be glued on:

 
And the end result:
 I was VERY pleased to be able to use my holder again! I just flipped what used to be the top and made it be the base while the plate on top served as, well the top! :)
 
Now that the glue is dry I am even happier!
 
Here is the like I found on Pinterest for the table tutorial: http://richmondthrifter.blogspot.com/2011/03/lamp-base-turned-pedestal-table.html

No comments:

Post a Comment