Friday, September 28, 2012

Yarn Wrapped Monogram Letter

So this was another Pinterest find. I had the letter "B" and it is so fun and cute. It is zebra print that I got on sale from Michael's Craft Store for about $2. However, I am finding I don't really want to decorate my house with zebra print. It's fun and it's cute, but I am wanting a more sophisticated look not I guess. Not so much college dorm room anymore. Oh age, welcome home! Please refine my decorating style!

Anyway, so I saw some different inspirations on Pinterest and decided to do one of my own. I wasn't prepared for how long it would actually take me to wrap the entire thing (about two hours) but It wasn't hard to do at all. In fact I never even used any glue or staples or anything, I just held the lose end and wrapped the yard over and over and it held just fine. When I was finished I tied a knot on the back side and voila! Sophistication. You don't have to use yarn, you could have fun with it. I have seen people use mod podge and pictures or magazine cut outs, glue fake moss or berries to it. I have seen it wrapped with brown or beige twine with fake holly berries (I would really like to do that when I get bored with the red!) The possibilities are virtually endless. Here is my end result:


 
 
Here are the original posts from Pinterest:
 
View more fun ideas on my DIY Pinterest Album:
http://pinterest.com/brittanyhdean/diys/

No comments:

Post a Comment