Friday, September 14, 2012

The Mixer Makeover

 
    This is my Mixer! One of my most prized kitchen tools. It's not even a tool to me. She's a classy sassy part of the family! I originally saw this tutorial on one of my favorite sights (If you frequent Pinterest I have no doubt you've come across some of her posts) TheDiaryofDavesWife.com. She has awesome ideas and tutorials! But I used her as my inspiration. She actually sells the vinyl stickers. I did not have the patience to order them and wait for them. But what is this? Michaels was the only craft store near me and they don't have anything like that. However! *trumpets chirp in a royal chorus that probably sounds too much like a Dora the Explorer Episode - hey I'm a mom, it happens... They do carry the sheets of vinyl! Wooo!!! Ok so how do I get them into all those circles? Do I attempt to cut them with scissors or a straight razor? HA! Ummm not unless I want lots of frustration and probably a trip to the ER...
     No, I did what any instant-gratification-craving-craftster-who-doesn't-really-have-as-much-time-to-devote-to-the-project-as-she-thought would do. I bought a dye cut! Okay, I know what you are thinking...That is not even close to saving the time that DavesWife saved. Yeah, I know. But it was A LOT cheaper then buying the program and printer/cutter thing that she has. So....saved money and it was still faster then cutting them out by hand and a big PLUS they all turned out even! Then it was just a game of peeling off the backing and sticking to my mixer.
     My favorite thing about using the vinyl is you can wipe it off. I mean come on, it's a mixer. It's going to get messy! Yes, definitely something I did not forget about. I have had it on my mixer for about a year now (give or take a month) and I use my mixer weekly and not a single sticker has come off or lifted. It even moved from Oregon to South Carolina for goodness sake! So go! Be fruitful and multiply your Dot stickers and create your own (cheap) mixer makeover!
 
Here is the link to the original post that inspired my mixer makeover: http://www.thediaryofdaveswife.com/2012/03/meet-dottie-my-kitchenaid-mixer.html

No comments:

Post a Comment